Monday, August 28, 2017

FLASHBACK! Detroit Rock City Movie Premiere Mini-Concert 1999

Detroit Rock City Movie Premiere Mini Concert
August 9, 1999
Los Angeles

                                I was front row center but somehow didn't get filmed.
I used to be that guy. I actually ended up at this show by total accident.

I had driven over 1,000 miles to L.A. for personal reasons on August 3rd and 4th, 1999 and learned about the show coming in a few days.  I hadn't been back in L.A. in six years.

I got in for forty bucks but had to walk around for a few hours trying to find an extra ticket for sale, and got one just in time.  When I got in, nobody was a Kiss fan.  They were actors and stuff.
They were all eating the free food, and there was only one row of people lined up for awhile before showtime.




Some of my favorites...
They still sound the same after all of these years...



Mark St. John RIP         Eric Carr RIP

SHOUT OUT TO PAUL STANLEY
Get some contacts!!!
 "Strange Ways" is my all time favorite Kiss song, if I've Got to Choose.
Ace drank a couple of beers before the solo.
I drank a few myself, afterward.
"Bob Kulick, lead guitar1111111111"

Gene Klein


This one's amazing... "Fractured III" 1989 Ace Frehley

"
"Under the Gun"
Good memories... 1984.
Kiss is big again.  Kiss who?  They wear makeup, right?


Peter sang Ace's songs in the early days.


'

This was their truest peak.


I like both versions.

Love Gun rocks!
Time to crash...here's what I threw on.